Uniregistry makes it simple to manually renew a list of domain names with a single transaction.
Learn more about Uniregistry’s powerful bulk functionality.
Steps to renew domain names in bulk
1. Log in to your account at Uniregistry.com by clicking the ‘Log In/Sign Up’ button in the upper-right corner of the homepage.
2. Click ‘Manage’ from the menu at the top of the page.
3. Select the domains you want to renew.
- Use the checkbox and drop-down menu in the header bar to select all the domains in the page or in your entire account.
- Enter criteria such as extensions into the filters field to narrow the list displayed.
- Enter specific domains in the ‘Search domains’ field in the upper-right corner to display only the domains you want.
4. Review your list to ensure it only contains the names you wish to renew. Then click the box to the far left in the header bar to select all of the domains in the list.
5. Click the ‘Edit’ tab (or right-click) and select ‘Renew [x] domains’ from the drop-down menu.
6. On the checkout page, select the number of years that you want to renew your domains for from the drop-down menu and click the ‘Continue’ button.
The maximum period allowed for domian registration is 10 years. The renwal years menu will only display the maximum time allowed for that domain. So if a domain expires in 4 years, you can only add a maximum of 6 additional years to the renewal.
6b. Got Topcoin?
Redeem your Topcoin for a portion of your domain renewals. Hover over the Topcoin field to view the maximum amount that you can redeem, then simply type in how much Topcoin you want to use and click the ‘Continue’ button.
7. Make sure the desired payment profile is selected and agree to the ‘Uniregistry Registration Agreement’ by checking the box. Click ‘Process Payment’ to complete the renewal. You can hover your mouse over the profile and click ‘Change’ to select a different profile or create a new one.
8. Confirm the new expiry dates for your domains in the ‘Expiry Date’ column in your ‘Manage’ page.
- Invoices are sent to the email address used to create your Uniregistry account.
- In the event a transaction fails, it will show as $0 on your invoice.
- Uniregistry does not collect funds or hold credit card authorizations for failed transactions. Please contact your bank to inquire about held funds.