All . KY domain name registrants (before and after the general availability date in September 2015) must agree to the terms of registration for .KY terms as issued by the Information and Communications Technology Authority (ICTA) of the Cayman Islands.
Some of the highlights of the .KY domain name registration agreement are:
All .KY Domain Names must:
- Have a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 63 characters;
- Begin with a letter or a number and end with a letter or a number;
- Use the English character set and may contain letters (i.e., a-z, A-Z), numbers (i.e. 0-9) and dashes (-) or a combination of these;
- Neither begin with, nor end with a dash;
- Not contain a dash in the third and fourth positions (e.g. www.ab- -cd.ky); and
- Not include a space (e.g. www.ab cd.ky)
All .KY domain names shall also not be used:
- (a) for the display, sale, marketing or distribution of pornographic material or alcohol;
- (b) for gambling or the promotion of gambling;
- (c) for the bulk distribution of unsolicited e-mail (SPAM); and,
- (d) to defraud, abuse, annoy, threaten or harass any other person.
The full terms and registration for .KY domain names can be found on the ICTA’s website.