An A Record allows you to use Uniregistry DNS (Name Servers) to point your domain name to another server.
Steps to update an A record
- Log in to your account at Uniregistry.com by clicking the ‘Log In/Sign Up’ button in the upper-right corner of the homepage.
2. Click ‘Manage’ from the menu at the top of the page.
3. Click on the domain you want to update.
4. Select the ‘NS/DNS Records’ tab.
5. Click on the pencil icon to the right of the record you need to update.
6. Update the record as needed. Click ‘Update’ and then ‘Save Changes’.
You can create specific subdomains such as “www.uniregistryexample.link” or “ftp.uniregistryexample.link”, by entering that subdomain in the Host (Name) field and applying an IP address in the IPv4 Address (Data) field (ie. 220.127.116.11).
- ‘@’ points just the domain name alone to the IP address
- ‘www’ will point the fully qualified domain name to the IP address. A trailing “.” is required for this type of entry.
- ‘*’ means that any subdomain that isn’t already specified will point to the IP address.