Advanced users may need to create an SRV record in order to support internet protocol services such as VOIP and SIP on a domain name’s subdomains.
Steps to create an SRV record
1. Log in to your account at Uniregistry.com by clicking the ‘Log In/Sign Up’ button in the upper-right corner of the homepage.
2. Click ‘Manage’ from the menu at the top of the page.
3. Click on the domain name for which you need to create the SRV record.
4. Select the ‘NS/DNS Records’ tab.
5. Scroll down to the ‘DNS Records’ section and click the ‘New Record’ button.
5b. Or click the ‘Activate Uniregistry DNS’ button first if necessary then click the ‘New Record’ button.
Activating Uniregistry DNS will change your name servers to Uniregistry’s. Be sure this is what you want to do before proceeding. If you don’t want to change your name servers then you need to add your SRV record through the portal where your name servers are located.
6. From the ‘Type’ drop-down menu, click on ‘SRV’.
7. Enter the SRV record information and click the ‘Add’ button.
8. Click ‘Save Changes’ and then ‘Close’ to return to the domain ‘Manage’ page.